About The Book
A Peek Inside “An Inside Job”
Amidst all of the doctors’ visits, unfamiliar treatments, anxiety, and fear that follow a cancer diagnosis, it’s crucial to maintain a sense of stability and peace during your journey. That’s exactly what An Inside Job: A Psychologist Shares Healing Wisdom for Your Cancer Journey offers readers.
By combining scientific findings with integrative wisdom and the true, heartwarming stories of her cancer patients, Susan Apollon—a psychologist who has specialized in integrative oncology, grief, and trauma for nearly 30 years—provides a deeper, richer perspective of what we call “healing.”
You’ll find a wealth of practical steps and insightful advice to help you shift to a more positive perspective, tap into hope, and pursue the possibility of a physical, emotional, and spiritual healing experience.
In this book you will find:
- Advice from cancer specialists, psychologists, and other healers
- Practical tips on how to care for yourself—body, mind, and soul
- True stories that will validate your feelings and thoughts, and provide comfort and support
- Spiritual insights about cancer and about what “healing” really means
- A wealth of advice on the role integrative medicine can play in your treatment and in maintaining good health and well-being
- Techniques to balance your energy, increase mindfulness, and tap into hope and joy
Ultimately, this book is not only for cancer patients, but also for friends, family members, caregivers, and professionals working in the field of healthcare—doctors, nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists, and healers of every stripe. All of these individuals play a role in helping those affected by cancer undertake the “inside job” that makes possible a physical, emotional, and spiritual healing experience.